The physical impacts of climate changes are already affecting businesses around the world through increased frequency, intensity and duration of storms; flooding; drought; fires and extreme temperatures. Every aspect of business can be affected by climate changes, including day-to-day operations and continuity, process safety, labor force, supply chain vulnerability, market access, capital expenditure, and even merger and acquisition activity. While some companies have made major strides in efforts to slow climate change, business progress on climate adaptation lags behind.
Scott Nadler brings a unique perspective to business adaptation challenges. His experiences in business, consulting, environment, sustainability, real estate and economic development combine to shed light on the challenges of investing (and disinvesting) for the uncertain future – and for the uncomfortable present.
- Adaptation risk and opportunity analysis
- Adaptation strategy development
- Leadership awareness, understanding and acceptance
- Conducted multi-company, multi-sector benchmarking on impacts and responses
- Supported multi-national company updating of adaptation strategy including implications and applications of downscaling results
- Guided corporate CSR team through expanded risk and opportunity analysis