We face pressing needs to improve economic development while promoting – rather than degrading – environmental quality and social fairness and cohesion. Progress in sustainability requires a strategic approach, understanding of complex issues and an appreciation for stakeholders’ divergent perspectives.
- Sustainability strategy for business
- Materiality analysis
- Stakeholder analysis and facilitation
- Market/business support for sustainability innovators/entrepreneurs
- Negotiated break-through in state brownfields development legislation to slow urban sprawl and encourage redevelopment in depressed urban areas, bringing together conservative legislators, environmental NGOs and major property owners.
- Created corporate environmental program directly tied to long-term competitive advantage of the business.
- Advised multiple industry clients on how sustainability could fit with “the business of the business,” engaging senior management and driving improvements in product development, marketing, operations, sourcing and strategic partnerships.
- US Business Council for Sustainable Development: Executive Committee member, 2011-15; Program Director, 2015-present.
- Charter investor and Chair of Mission Committee, Co-Creation Ventures, innovative social impact entrepreneur (parent of Stock Pot Malden).