The physical impacts of climate changes are already affecting businesses around the world through increased frequency, intensity and duration of storms; flooding; drought; fires and extreme temperatures. Every aspect of business can be affected by climate changes, including day-to-day operations and continuity, process safety, labor force, supply chain vulnerability, market access, capital expenditure, and even merger and acquisition activity. While some companies have made major strides in efforts to slow climate change, business progress on climate adaptation lags behind.
Scott Nadler brings a unique perspective to business adaptation challenges (summarized in a 2019 LinkedIn article on “Facing the Future Now”). His experiences in business, consulting, environment, sustainability, real estate and economic development combine to shed light on the challenges of investing (and disinvesting) for the uncertain future – and for the uncomfortable present.
- Adaptation risk and opportunity analysis
- Adaptation strategy development
- Leadership awareness, understanding and acceptance
- Conducted multi-company, multi-sector benchmarking on physical climate change impacts and responses
- Convened successful Business Adaptation Workshops with select leading companies both in US and in Africa, addressing practical business adaptation to physical climate changes
- Helped design and lead Business Adaptation Workshop series for Finance in Africa including both public and private investors from Africa, Europe and North America
- Supported multi-national company updating of climate adaptation strategy including implications and applications of downscaling results
- Guided corporate CSR team through expanded climate risk and opportunity analysis